>>>W H Y T R A N S L A T O R F A C E B O O K

вівторок, 20 квітня 2010 р.

Seamus Heaney Illustrated By Chytomo


The Ukrainian webpage Chytomo features some illustrations inspired by Seamus Heaney's poems. This, for example, is Heaney famously "digging" with his pen:

Between my finger and my thumb
The squat pen rests.
I'll dig with it.

I found a turf-spade
Hidden under bracken,
Laid flat, and overgrown
With a green fog.
(from "Kinship")

I lay waiting
Between turf-face and demesne wall,
Between Heathery levels
And glass-toothed stone.

My body was Braille
For the creeping influences:
Dawn suns groped over my head
And cooled at my feet[.]
(from "Bog Queen")

There we were in the vaulted tunnel running,
You in your going-away coat speeding ahead
And me, me then like a fleet god gaining
Upon you before you turned to a reed[.]
(from "The Underground")

*


Немає коментарів: