>>>W H Y T R A N S L A T O R F A C E B O O K

пʼятницю, 28 серпня 2009 р.

Antanas A. Jonynas at Lviv Book Fair (10-13 September)

One of my favorite poets, Antanas A. Jonynas from Lithuania, will visit this year's Lviv Book Fair (10-13 September). Here's one of his poems translated by Vit Bakaitis:


THE LAST POEM

Man I don't know whether this
world that can demolish worlds
will crumble away in flames
you cannot even make an ant

and what's it really worth
knowing substantial doubt:
if it's fear that makes me doubt
I only hold my fear in doubt

and though madness prevails
I don't go berserk I just write
human life alone
has value there's no
                             thing I ask for

2 коментарі:

conrad bo сказав...

This is a very good poem, and it is very thought provoking

Лев Грицюк | Lev Hrytsyuk сказав...

His poems are great. I read them in Swedish first, I think.